For a few years now, I’ve stopped eating processed foods & I’ve also changed my lifestyle into a plant-based one. Finding good, quality food that is suitable to these terms can be really challenging & because of that I’ve discovered a new passion – cooking.
One of the most eaten and loved meals ( also very easy to prepare ) is the “morning bowl of cereal”. Now, I think we all know that most of the cereals we find in supermarkets are full of sugar and nasty stuff that are really bad for our health.
Today I want to share with you a delicious, healthy recipe that could be a awesome substitute for your usual cereal – and it involves chocolate too :)!
- 10 dates (soaked in warm water )
- 3 ripe bananas
- 0,4 cup cocoa
- 500g of oats ( or 250g oats & 250g millet/ buckwheat flakes )
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- a little bit of water
- ≈200g-250g nuts ( I used cashew, sunflower seeds & chia seeds )
- 2-3 tbsp cacao nibs / chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/ 300°F.
- Into a blender add the bananas, soaked dates ( and the soaking water if needed) & the cocoa powder – mix until smooth.
- Into a large bowl add all the dry ingredients. Next, add the sweet, smooth paste and mix well until all the dry ingredients are coated. *If you need more water to combine everything better, you can always add a little bit more.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Spread the granola mix evenly until the tray is fully covered. ( using your hands press the granola to make it denser )
- Bake the granola for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it cool ( so that the granola will harden ), then break it apart into desired sized pieces.
- Store the deliciousness in an airtight container.
Eat it with the milk of your choice and add in fruit, maple sirup and so on!
*if you recreate this recipe tag me in the photo / send me a photo at @anneg9x or at @anneandadda on Instagram