Pizza, all kinds of cakes, baked goods – all of these are the most loved & craved foods. Following a gluten free diet/ lifestyle can be a bit challenging when it comes to baking the foods listed above, but after many attempts experimenting with gf baking/ cooking I can say that I’ve discovered a very delicious pizza recipe. So… today I want to share with you this recipe so that you could enjoy it as much as I do.
For the dough
- 2 ½ cups of gluten free flour mix, I used Schär flour gluten free mix
- 1 (1/4-ounce/7.5-g) package active dry yeast
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp sugar/ maple syrup, I used coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Into a big bowl add the flour, salt and yeast & mix well until fully combined. Add the sugar, olive oil then slowly the warm water – mix again until everything is combined. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Let the dough rest for about 30 min -1 h.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven at 200 °C ( 400 °F ). Prepare your pizza pan – if you don’t have a non stick pan just line yours with parchment paper.
- After the rising time is up, take the dough & place it on a surface covered with gf flour. With a dough roller, form your dough in the desired shape.
- Place the dough into the pan & using your hands spread dough out until it is in an even layer.
To prepare the pizza
- *Homemade pizza tomato sauce: In a small bowl add 2 tbsp of tomato paste, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, fresh basil, pepper, oregano & water ( as much as needed for a creamy consistency). Mix well until combined.
- Toppings: Add your favourite ingredients – I used onion, mushrooms, corn, cherry tomatoes, olives, peppers – chopped. For a better flavour & aroma I added first on the dough the onion & then the rest of the ingredients.
- After decorating the dough with the tomato sauce & toppings, sprinkle the pizza with oregano & basil.
- Bake the pizza for about 15-20 min. When ready the dough should be firm & cooked trough & the bottom should be golden brown.